- JOB PURPOSE:
Prepares and ensures effective implementation in respect of adherence to HSE and safety policy and procedural requirements. Monitor health and safety, assess risk, and design strategies to reduce potential hazards within a company; while ensuring that environmental concerns are addressed.
Ensures to carry out the company as per the requisite HSE guidelines and standards and, report all HSE related concerns to the Manager, keeps records of incidents, follows up on corrective action and conducts audits in line with ADNOC HSE policy, CoP, OHSAS 18001/Food Safety standards, and other international HSE standards and best practices.
- KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure compliance by all parties with company’s HSE requirements and regulations and all relevant legislation and statutory requirements, including all laws, rules and regulations (as amended from time to time) of the governments of the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and the U.A.E.
- Ensure that all activities and services are in accordance with the company HSE policy.
- Ensure compliance with company’s objectives, requirements, priorities, policies, procedures, standards, rules, regulations and guidelines provided by company from time to time.
- Facilitates the development and execution of the HSE Plan and HSE Management System, including but not limited to:
- Direct and support the identification of HSE hazards, evaluation of risks for all activities and develop the tools to manage and reduce these risks.
- Participate in and/or review the various Formal Safety Assessments.
- Ensure that HSE policy and procedures are implemented, reviewed and improved as needed.
- Provide HSE functional guidance, auditing, and training as applicable
- Ensure an HSE Audit Process and Plan is developed and implemented.
- Investigate and complete the close out actions for all Accident Investigation Reports including those prepared and submitted as part of Lessons Learnt to avoid recurrence.
- Track and provide regular HSE performance reports to HSE Manager.
- Assist in the development of company specific HSE procedures.
- Advise the risk assessment team to identify risks and set-up preventive measures.
- Conduct daily inspection to monitor works, and company facilities against documented Safe Systems of Work, Regulations and Standards.
- Assist the investigation team to investigate all accidents, near-miss incidents, and dangerous occurrences and submit a detailed report.
- Maintain records of all Accidents, Near Miss Incidents, and Dangerous Occurrences.
- Maintain documentation and record keeping of all health and safety activities.
- Issue Non-Conformance Reports and Safety Violation Slip where applicable in accordance with the company HSE Policy and guidelines.
- Raising out the PTW’s and ensuring they’re closed after the completion of their intended purpose.
- QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in safety, health, environmental, technical, scientific, or related engineering field from an accredited university.
- A current relevant health and safety qualification(e.g. NEBOSH Diploma/IOSH/CSP Certificate or equivalent)
Minimum Experience & Knowledge & Skills
- 7 years in HSE management and technical safety engineering
- Conversant with Local, National & International HSE Regulations, Codes & Standards. Computer Knowledge is an advantage.
- Experienced in conducting and managing risk management processes and HSE
- Has clearly demonstrated strong HSE competence.
- Ability to work within a diverse cultural environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/teambuilding skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to accomplish results under pressure while remaining flexible to rapidly changing conditions and priorities.
- Prepared and maintain the HSE documents , according to GSD requirements.
- Timely audits and monitor the HSE Activities .
- Professional Certifications
- Relevant professional certification,- Preferable